Expert Witness for Escrow and Title Documents
Litigation and arbitration matters relating to real estate transactions often hinge on the interpretation of standard real estate forms and documents. Attorneys representing plaintiffs or defense clients in real estate disputes must have the capacity to clarify the complexities of documents and forms that are standard in every legal real estate transaction. Understanding the history, evolution, language and purpose of the forms in a clearly presented case is critical when arguing before a judge and jury unfamiliar with the real estate industry.
Attorney Alan D. Wallace is recognized as one of Southern California’s pre-eminent real estate law attorneys and expert witnesses. Mr. Wallace has a proven record of providing expert testimony and acting as pretrial strategy advisor on many of the most significant real estate agent litigation and arbitration matters in the Los Angeles region. He is frequently hired to provide testimony and consultation on real estate litigation matters throughout the United States.
Expertise in a Full Range of Real Estate Documentation and Interpretation Issues
Alan D. Wallace has extensive experience in custom and usage; interpretation of real estate industry forms and documents, including CAR and AIR form agreements; and matters related to purchase, lease, finance, due diligence and NAR Code of Ethics. He provides expert testimony and pretrial consultation in all real estate litigation matters, including:
- Interpretation of language in CAR forms and documentation
- Compliance with permits
- Interpretation of CAM provisions
- Reasonableness of landlord’s refusal to consent to assignment
- Interpretation of CAR Residential Purchase Agreement regarding right to cancel
- Interpretation of CAR Notice to Perform
- Interpretation and appropriate language for legal briefs
- Agents duties in real estate transactions
- Conflicts of licensing law in interstate transactions
Why you should hire Alan Wallace as your Real Estate Expert Witness
- General Counsel for two of the largest real estate companies in the nation.
- Designated Broker to one of Southern California’s largest realty companies.
- Supervising Senior Counsel to the California Association of Realtors (CAR).
- Master Instructor and Publications Author for the California Association of Realtors Department of Real Estate Approved Courses.
- Adjunct Professor UCLA Extension School of Law.
- Adjunct Professor Loyola Law School.
Mr. Wallace is also an active Real Estate Broker in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.
Alan Wallace has offices in Sherman Oaks and provides expert testimony and legal representation for clients throughout Southern California and the United States. Contact Us today to see how we can help you.